Thursday 8 February 2018

Father slashed in face while walking with 1-year-old son in Bronx says attacker yelled 'F--k your country'

Father slashed in face while walking with 1-year-old son in Bronx says attacker yelled 'F--k your country'

A man walking with his 1-year-old son on a Bronx street was slashed across the face by a stranger in an apparent bias-fueled attack, authorities said Tuesday.

“F--k your country!” the attacker screamed after attacking the dad on E. 139th St. near Willis Ave. in Mott Haven about 2 p.m. Feb. 1.

“I felt the force on my face," the 41-year-old victim, speaking Spanish, told WNBC. "At first I thought he had hit me with his hand — but it turned out to be a blade."

Bronx mechanic who attacked ‘Help me Howard’ reporter hit with $5,000 bail

The wounded dad chased after his attacker, holding his child’s scooter over his head like a weapon, for a few moments but then returned to his son, who he had left standing on the street.

"I couldn't do anything more so I ran back to grab my son," he said. "I was worried someone could kidnap my son."

Medics treated the dad at the scene. His child was unhurt.

California driver slams Lamborghini into construction trailer, wrecking $235,000 car

"Frankly, I'm scared," the dad said. "We're looking for psychological help for my son. At night he can't sleep. He wakes up all the time, crying. This scared him."

The attack has not yet been classified as a hate crime as the investigation continues, a police source said Thursday.

Massachusetts mother who reportedly practiced voodoo charged with fatally stabbing sons

Police on Thursday released surveillance images of the suspect, who was last seen running east on E. 139th St. towards Brook Ave., and are asking the public’s help identifying him.

The suspect is described as black, about 18, 5-foot-10 and 180 pounds. He was wearing a black jacket with fur, dark jeans, dark sneakers with white on the bottom and a black book bag.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
read more

No comments:

Post a Comment